what about GUI ??

Jan 28, 2009 at 4:03 PM
Edited Jan 28, 2009 at 4:29 PM

hi everyone

i just started with singularity and i liked it

my  questions are :

can i write applications using VB.NET instead C#????

how can i create a GUI for Singularity ??

like GNOME or KDE or MS's one

for example can we use WPF ??

or we can implement some GUI library like GTK#???

Jan 28, 2009 at 6:21 PM
You need a window manager and graphics stack first before you can work on the GUI library.

To: [email removed]
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 09:03:32 -0800
Subject: what about GUI ?? [singularity:45507]

hi everyone
i just started with singularity and i liked it
my question is :
how can i create a GUI for Singularity
like GNOME or KDE or MS's one
for example can we use WPF ??
or we can implement some GUI library like GTK#???
Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (singularity@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email singularity@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com
Jan 28, 2009 at 7:46 PM

ok

what about creating application in VB..NET instead C#??

Coordinator
Mar 19, 2009 at 11:14 PM
Hi raidstorm, sorry for the slow response. In theory, you can use any language that you wish that compiles to MSIL on Singularity, including all standard .NET languages, but the current build system does not support other languages such as VB.NET. You would need to add build tools for VB.NET and set up .vbproj MSBuild files, then create .target files for them under build\. If there's a lot of demand for this we can implement this feature. Let me know if you need any help.
--
Derrick Coetzee
Microsoft Research Operating Systems Group developer