SDK 2.0 archive

Nov 14, 2008 at 7:18 PM
Hi,

Great to see that version 2 is out!

I am having some difficulty getting the archives opened tough. It reports an unexpected end of archive...
Is it possible to repost the Singularity RDK as a standard PKZIP archive?

Thank you.
Nov 14, 2008 at 10:59 PM
Edited Nov 14, 2008 at 11:01 PM
The archive is a multipart archive. You must download the zip file as well as the z01 file and use a zip decompression tool that supports multipart zip files. XP and Vistas shell integration support this as well as WinRAR.
Nov 14, 2008 at 11:12 PM
I stand corrected I see that they removed the note about the shell integration working from the site and added a link to download WinZip. WinRAR also works for these files if you already have that installed.
Nov 14, 2008 at 11:22 PM
I can confirm that WinRAR extracts it correctly.  

It should be noted, however, that the default directory name has spaces in it because of the filename of the archive.  The build projects will not function if the path contains spaces.  You will need to manually specify a new directory name without spaces or rename it after extracting or the build will fail.

I have successfully built World.proj and booted Singularity 2.0.

Coordinator
Nov 15, 2008 at 12:02 AM
Thanks to everyone for your interest! I initially posted the archive as a multipart zip due to the 100MB size limits on files imposed by CodePlex (see this FAQ entry). However, I have now replaced it with a self-extracting 7-Zip file that is much smaller due to 7-Zip's superior compression and due to the removal of the very large phx.pdb files which could not be checked in (also due to CodePlex restrictions). Additionally, I am working to correct the issue with spaces in paths, which is a minor regression, and will post an update to fix this.
--
Derrick Coetzee
Microsoft Research Operating Systems Group developer

Coordinator
Nov 15, 2008 at 1:00 AM
I have now updated the release so that it can build in paths containing spaces. This should make it straightforward to download and build. Please let me know if you encounter any other difficulties.
--
Derrick Coetzee
Microsoft Research Operating Systems Group developer