Build Problem - Line too long

Apr 21, 2008 at 2:44 PM
Hi,

i have a two problems with building Singularity.

First, the SINGULARITY_ROOT Path points to C:\SINGUL~1\base\setenv.c but there is no setenv.c directory?
I changed the path to C:\singul~1\base, and i can invoke the msb Distro\Tiny.proj command.

Second, i receive the following error:

C:\singularity-6709\base\Applications\Runtime>C:\SINGUL~1\base\Build\lib.exe /nologo /nod /out:C:\SINGUL~1\base.obj\AppRuntimeNative\Prototype.x86.MarkSweep\native.lib C:\SINGUL~1\base.obj\AppRuntimeNative\Prototype.x86.MarkSweep\hal.obj C:\SINGUL~1\base.obj\AppRuntimeNative\Prototype.x86.MarkSweep\BootInfo.obj C:\SINGUL~1\base.obj\AppRuntimeNative\Prototype.x86.MarkSweep\IoPort.obj C:\SINGUL~1\base.obj\AppRuntimeNative\Prototype.x86.MarkSweep\Buffer.obj C:\SINGUL~1\base.obj\AppRuntimeNative\Prototype.x86.MarkSweep\Decimal.obj C:\SINGUL~1\base.obj\AppRuntimeNative\Prototype.x86.MarkSweep\DebugStub.obj C:\SINGUL~1\base.obj\AppRuntimeNative\Prototype.x86.MarkSweep\Math.obj C:\SINGUL~1\base.obj\AppRuntimeNative\Prototype.x86.MarkSweep\Number.obj C:\SINGUL~1\base.obj\AppRuntimeNative\Prototype.x86.MarkSweep\PEImage.obj C:\SINGUL~1\base.obj\AppRuntimeNative\Prototype.x86.MarkSweep\Processor.obj C:\SINGUL~1\base.obj\AppRuntimeNative\Prototype.x86.MarkSweep\Stacks.obj C:\SINGUL~1\base.obj\AppRuntimeNative\Prototype.x86.MarkSweep\Thread.obj C:\SINGUL~1\base.obj\AppRuntimeNative\Prototype.x86.MarkSweep\Tracing.obj C:\SINGUL~1\base.obj\AppRuntimeNative\Prototype.x86.MarkSweep\Monitoring.obj C:\SINGUL~1\base.obj\AppRuntimeNative\Prototype.x86.MarkSweep\halexn.obj C:\SINGUL~1\base.obj\AppRuntimeNative\Prototype.x86.MarkSweep\halstack.obj C:\SINGUL~1\base.obj\AppRuntimeNative\Prototype.x86.MarkSweep\halforgc.obj C:\SINGUL~1\base.obj\AppRuntimeNative\Prototype.x86.MarkSweep\halasm.obj C:\SINGUL~1\base.obj\AppRuntimeNative\Prototype.x86.MarkSweep\lldiv.obj C:\SINGUL~1\base.obj\AppRuntimeNative\Prototype.x86.MarkSweep\llmul.obj C:\SINGUL~1\base.obj\AppRuntimeNative\Prototype.x86.MarkSweep\llshl.obj C:\SINGUL~1\base.obj\AppRuntimeNative\Prototype.x86.MarkSweep\llshr.obj C:\SINGUL~1\base.obj\AppRuntimeNative\Prototype.x86.MarkSweep\llrem.obj C:\SINGUL~1\base.obj\AppRuntimeNative\Prototype.x86.MarkSweep\memcpy.obj C:\SINGUL~1\base.obj\AppRuntimeNative\Prototype.x86.MarkSweep\memset.obj C:\SINGUL~1\base.obj\AppRuntimeNative\Prototype.x86.MarkSweep\ulldiv.obj C:\SINGUL~1
(Die eingegebene Zeile ist zu lang.) Line too long.
C:\singularity-6709\base\Applications\Runtime\Corlib.Native.proj(183,5): error MSB3073: Der C:\SINGUL~1\base\Build\lib.exe /nologo /nod /out:C:\SINGUL~1\base.obj\AppRuntimeNative\Prototype.x86.MarkSweep\native.lib C:\SINGUL~1\base.obj\AppRuntimeNative\Prototype.x86.MarkSweep\hal.obj C:\SINGUL~1\base.obj\AppRuntimeNative\Prototype.x86.MarkSweep\BootInfo.obj C:\SINGUL~1\base.obj\AppRuntimeNative\Prototype.x86.MarkSweep\IoPort.obj C:\SINGUL~1\base.obj\AppRuntimeNative\Prototype.x86.MarkSweep\Buffer.obj C:\SINGUL~1\base.obj\AppRuntimeNative\Prototype.x86.MarkSweep\Decimal.obj C:\SINGUL~1\base.obj\AppRuntimeNative\Prototype.x86.MarkSweep\DebugStub.obj C:\SINGUL~1\base.obj\AppRuntimeNative\Prototype.x86.MarkSweep\Math.obj C:\SINGUL~1\base.obj\AppRuntimeNative\Prototype.x86.MarkSweep\Number.obj C:\SINGUL~1\base.obj\AppRuntimeNative\Prototype.x86.MarkSweep\PEImage.obj C:\SINGUL~1\base.obj\AppRuntimeNative\Prototype.x86.MarkSweep\Processor.obj C:\SINGUL~1\base.obj\AppRuntimeNative\Prototype.x86.MarkSweep\Stacks.obj C:\SINGUL~1\base.obj\AppRuntimeNative\Prototype.x86.MarkSweep\Thread.obj C:\SINGUL~1\base.obj\AppRuntimeNative\Prototype.x86.MarkSweep\Tracing.obj C:\SINGUL~1\base.obj\AppRuntimeNative\Prototype.x86.MarkSweep\Monitoring.obj C:\SINGUL~1\base.obj\AppRuntimeNative\Prototype.x86.MarkSweep\halexn.obj C:\SINGUL~1\base.obj\AppRuntimeNative\Prototype.x86.MarkSweep\halstack.obj C:\SINGUL~1\base.obj\AppRuntimeNative\Prototype.x86.MarkSweep\halforgc.obj C:\SINGUL~1\base.obj\AppRuntimeNative\Prototype.x86.MarkSweep\halasm.obj C:\SINGUL~1\base.obj\AppRuntimeNative\Prototype.x86.MarkSweep\lldiv.obj C:\SINGUL~1\base.obj\AppRuntimeNative\Prototype.x86.MarkSweep\llmul.obj C:\SINGUL~1\base.obj\AppRuntimeNative\Prototype.x86.MarkSweep\llshl.obj C:\SINGUL~1\base.obj\AppRuntimeNative\Prototype.x86.MarkSweep\llshr.obj C:\SINGUL~1\base.obj\AppRuntimeNative\Prototype.x86.MarkSweep\llrem.obj C:\SINGUL~1\base.obj\AppRuntimeNative\Prototype.x86.MarkSweep\memcpy.obj C:\SINGUL~1\base.obj\AppRuntimeNative\Prototype.x86.MarkSweep\memset.obj C:\SINGUL~1\base.obj\AppRuntimeNative\Prototype.x86.MarkSweep\ulldiv.obj C:\SINGUL~1\base.obj\AppRuntimeNative\Prototype.x86.MarkSweep\ulldvrm.obj C:\SINGUL~1\base.obj\AppRuntimeNative\Prototype.x86.MarkSweep\ullrem.obj-Befehl wurde mit Code 255 beendet.
(Erstellen des LinkNativeLib-Ziels in Projekt Corlib.Native.proj beendet - Fehler beim Erstellen.)
Building the LinksNativeLib-Targets in Project Corlib.Native.proj finished - Error while building.
I translated the German messages into English.

How the line is too long? I can not solve this problem. Can you help me please!

Thank you!

By the way: If my English is not good, please excuse me. I live in Germany and i am learning English yet.
May 7, 2008 at 9:37 PM
Make sure the SINGULARITYROOT variable does not have any spaces in it. From looking at the log above, it looks like $(SINGULARITYROOT)\Foo\Bar is getting expanded to "C:\SINGUL~1 (space) \Foo\Bar". The compiler is then interpreting "C:\SINGUL~1" as a file (which it isn't, of course), and "\Foo\Bar" as another (also bogus) file.