This project is read-only.

singularity build fail

Nov 24, 2008 at 12:52 AM
Edited Nov 24, 2008 at 12:57 AM
C:\Singularity\base>msb Distro\Tiny.proj
Using 32-bit MSBuild from .NET Framework 3.5
MSBUILD : Logger error MSB4104: Failed to write to log file "C:\Singularity\base
.obj\MSBuildLogs\1/00-00570658.log". Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Singu
larity\base.obj\MSBuildLogs\1\00-00570658.log'.
Wall time elapsed: 00:00:00 (User: 00:00:00, Kernel: 00:00:00)
Total processes:          1
Page faults:           2354
The system cannot find the path specified.
  C:\Singularity\base.obj\MSBuildLogs\1/00-00570658.log

Build FAILED

any help..pls
Nov 24, 2008 at 1:10 AM
Hi, thanks for reporting this issue. I suspect this problem stems from your language or locale - the script is attempting to embed your date and time in the filename and is producing an invalid filename. Please go to Regional and Language Options in your Control Panel (in Vista this is under "Clock, Language, and Region") and let me know what the dropdown under "Standards and formats" says. Thanks!
--
Derrick Coetzee
Microsoft Research Operating Systems Group developer
Nov 24, 2008 at 1:37 AM
format: English(united kingdom)
short date: dd/MM/yyyy
long date: dd MMMM yyyy
short time: hh:mm tt
long time: hh;mm:ss tt

is dis what ur asking for?
Nov 24, 2008 at 1:57 AM
That's right. Your issue is being tracked and will be fixed in an upcoming incremental release. As a workaround, you can edit build\msb.cmd and change this line:

set _timestamp=%_date:~10,4%%_date:~4,2%%_date:~7,2%-%_time:~0,2%%_time:~3,2%%_time:~6,2%%_time:~9,2%

to look like this:

set _timestamp=notimestamp

Everything will still work, except that multiple build log files will not be saved. Hope this helps.
--
Derrick Coetzee
Nov 24, 2008 at 10:59 AM
thanks.. its working.
:)
Nov 30, 2008 at 4:00 PM
Oh.. I had the same problem but didn't think of changing my locale.. seems so obvious now. Anyway I was able to build by creating a folder called "1" in the logs folder, but I'll use your fix in the future.
Dec 2, 2008 at 5:58 PM
Hi,

I was comparing the way the Logfile was prepared in the 1.1. SDK and noticed that the following lines were missig from msb, in 2.0:
set _logfile=%_logfile: =0%
set _logfile=%_logfile::=_%
set _logfile=%_logfile:/=_%
set _logfile=%_logfile:\=_%

To fix the problem, I simply include this line set _logfile=%_logfile:/=_% after this line: set _logfile=!_timestamp!.log, not all the four lines. This gives me log files of the format 2_00-17xxxxx. I was thinking that changing this line to something like  "set _logfile=%_logfile:/=\% " and not including all the 4 lines would produce log files sitting in specific directories.

Hope that helps.

cheers
xi
Jan 3, 2009 at 12:15 AM
Hi Xi - this issue has been fixed for the next release, so don't worry. We appreciate your help though! Let me know if you have any other questions.
--
Derrick Coetzee
May 2, 2013 at 9:12 AM
I downloaded the latest version of this source code yesterday and had the same issue. I fixed it by modifying the build\msb.cmd script so that it used the correct characters from the date string appropriate to my locale.

Figure out the starting character number for each piece of the date:
>echo 0123456789
>echo %DATE%
dd/mm/yyyy

Then change:
set _timestamp=%_date:~10,4%%_date:~4,2%%_date:~7,2%-%_time:~0,2%%_time:~3,2%%_time:~6,2%%_time:~9,2%

to:
set _timestamp=%_date:~6,4%%_date:~3,2%%_date:~0,2%-%_time:~0,2%%_time:~3,2%%_time:~6,2%%_time:~9,2%
Jun 11, 2013 at 9:53 AM
Hi danholmes,

Could you create a pull request and upload this change to the Singularity RDK on BitBucket (https://bitbucket.org/MpDzik/singularity-rdk)? The Singularity source code on codeplex is no longer maintained by Microsoft and only Microsoft employees have permissions to check in new code. In effect this makes the repository read-only... On the other hand on BitBucket anyone can create a new fork to share their work with the Singularity community.

Cheers,
Marek