What about the Singularity project?

Mar 22, 2010 at 10:26 PM

Does the Singularity project still alive? Almost 2 years passed since the last release and no new releases are planned..

Mar 23, 2010 at 7:43 AM

It is interesting for me too... :)

Mar 23, 2010 at 7:05 PM

Well, there was a commit on 21 November 2009, so I the project is not completely dead. As far as I know, the project is no longer actively developed by Microsoft, but it's been made open source for educational purposes.

I am writing my Master thesis about Singularity (specifically the I/O subsystem), so I hope the project is still alive :)

Mar 28, 2010 at 9:13 PM

I also hope the project hasn't been abandoned.  Singularity is one of the most exciting projects from Microsoft since they released the .NET framework itself.  Hopefully the silence is due to the team being busy behind the scenes with the next version (or maybe even something on a grander scale!)

The other thing that's got me excited lately is the Rx Framework.  The thought of Rx being built into the OS at the lowest levels just blows the mind at the possibilities.

Coordinator
Mar 30, 2010 at 2:56 AM

News of Singularity is more likely to surface as projects that make use of it are finished. The last one on record was detailed in this discussion:
http://singularity.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=75054